Nothing says winter to me like slow cooked meats, and one of my favourites is Oxtail, hope you love it too.
- 1 onion (chopped in half)
- 1 leek (cut into pieces)
- 2 sticks celery (cut into pieces)
- 1 carrot (cut into pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20g coconut oil
- 750g oxtails
- 1-2 dried bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 250 g beef stock
- 150g red wine (replace with extra stock if desired)
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- pepper to tastePlace onion, leek, celery, carrot and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 7.
Add coconut oil, scrape down sides and cook 3mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add oxtail, bay leaves, star anise, beef stock, wine, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and cook 60 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed soft. Place basket instead of MC on to lid of Thermomix.
Rearrange pieces of ox tail and cook further 60 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed soft.
Stir again and cook further 45mins, 100 degrees, REVERSE, speed soft.Serve on puree cauliflower, fennel, pumpkin, sweet potato or similar.
Made this recipe and love it? Post it and tag #paleothermie – I’d love to hear your feedback!