This recipe was inspired by Primal Palate (www.primalpalate.com). Their version looked so yummy, I thought why not try this in the Thermomix, so this is what I came up with. Feel free to chop and change the vegetables to suit what you have in the house. I think chicken and pork would work well too.
- 30 g fat (beef, duck, pork) or coconut oil
- 2 carrots (cut into pieces)
- 3 celery stalks (cut into pieces)
- 1 red capsicum (sliced in 4 pieces)
- 500g beef rump, sliced
- ½ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 100 grams water chestnuts
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 120 ml coconut aminos
- 20ml fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil and sesame seeds as garnishPlace carrot, celery and capsicum in Thermomix bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 5.
Scrape down sides and add oil or fat and cook 4 minutes, 100 degrees, REV, speed 1.
Add beef and cabbage and cook 4 mins, 120 degrees, REV, speed 1.
Add mushroom, spring onions and water chestnuts and cook 3 mins, 120 degrees, REV, speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients and cook further 2 mins, 120 degrees, REV, speed 1.
Serve garnished with sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.If using TM31 change temperature to Varoma instead of 120 degrees.
Made this recipe and love it? Post it and tag #paleothermie – I’d love to hear your feedback!